Sunday, February 8, 2009

Waterfall Pictures on My Birthday


Well, today is my birthday. I don't know if I should be happy or sad, getting older is not much fun.

I had a great day yesterday celebrating my birthday. I went to Savage Gulf State Natural Area in Tennessee. I have never been there and I really enjoyed the trip.
We hiked about 1.5 miles to a waterfall. The hike was moderate, not difficult at all and it was such a pleasant day for a hike, the temperature was in the 60's and the sun was shinning. This was just the perfect kind of day for a hike in the woods. There was not a lot of wildlife to be seen, a woodpecker or two and one squirrel. There were very few fellow hikers so it was just a delightful and peaceful day for hiking.
When we arrived at the waterfall it was even better than expected. The setting was very tranquil, you can just picture a summer day and kids swimming in the pool around the falls.
Of course this was not a summer day, there was still ice behind the falls and over some of the rocks on one side of the falls.

I did have a great day taking pictures and just relaxing, so I really did enjoy my pre-birthday celebration.

No comments: