Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bombarded by Hummingbirds

I now have so many hummingbirds at my feeder they are fighting each other. There are midair collisions at the feeder every 3 minutes.

They move so fast I can't get a good photo!

This is very entertaining to watch but I fear one of the little creatures is going to be severely injured. I assume they are all fattening up for the migration coming up in the fall but whatever the reason, I now have more hummingbirds than I can handle.

Always remember to watch what you wish for...

Check out my lens

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, send those fightin' hummingbirds my way! I have seen a couple flitter by like tiny helicopters--a red one and one that's green and sparkly. I think next year I'll set up a couple of those tall hooks and hang a group of feeders. I LOVE Birds & Blooms magazine, and it showed a guy who'd done that. He had dozens of hummers.

I do have goldfinches. I love watching them. they're so tiny! Moved my feeders closer to the patio so I'm hoping to get some closeup shots. They flutter & fight for the prime spot at the feeders, too.

Anonymous said...

i wish we had them here... its like capturing a bee on film i had a try once on holidays in arkansas...

bbug said...

Dash, the hummers are delightful I wish you had them too. The little things are just so hungry for the nectar. We make our own nectar and they eat it up as fast as we make it.